Friday 7 September 2012

My Filofax Uses Part 3

Hi everyone and welcome back.  Okay final part and I just want to thank you all for following me. x  By the way, I spilt this blog into three parts in case it took too long to upload all the photos.

Recap:
Top - bottom left to right:
A5 Ochre Malden               
A5 Purple Malden
A5 Raspberry Chameleon   
A5 Red Chameleon
A5 Black Holborn               
A5 Imperial Purple Finchley
A5 Pink Finsbury                 
A5 Magenta Flex
Personal Holborn









A5 Imperial Purple Finchley.  A lovely Filofax, my favourite.


This is my 365 Journal. I've managed to write up all the questions and answers and I'm now up to date with it all.
I also use this Filofax journal to take part in the 30 days of lists, which you can read more about here and here.


This is my latest project.....if I find time to fit it in!  I am using my A5 Magenta Flex, the notebook in here is perfect for the job at hand.  
As you can see, I have blinged it with some Washi tape, I bought this stuff but now I have it, not sure what to use it for. lol
So this is what I am using the Flex for, I am about to start working through a book called The Artists Way by Julia Cameron.  There is an article in there that I was very drawn to, called The Morning Pages.  Each morning you write 3 pages of whatever is in your head, there's no right or wrong way to do this, just get down on paper your morning thoughts.....Should be interesting, though I can imagine mine will say...."Wish I was back in bed," or "Why did I not go to sleep earlier last night!"  If anyone is or has read this book, please let me know what you think of it, would love to hear! (By the way, I believe it is more about journalling than art, so don't let the title fool you!)

And finally, my Personal Holborn.  This is my day to day Filofax, I keep it in my handbag, so it pretty much goes everywhere with me.  Whatever appointments I receive, this is the Filofax that gets it first.  It looks a little battered due to been in my bag, but I think it looks all the better for it.

Lots of pockets in the Holborn, I just love this little Filofax, it is just so chunky! 

My diary, just a simple 2 week to view from WHSmiths with a folded to do list.  I will get a blog done on this Filofax if anyone is interested!




And that's it!
So all in all, I am using 9 Filofaxs right now, I am sure I could stretch it out a bit more, but I think I will leave it at that for now.  

I do have an A5 zipped Wine Holborn all set up for next year's Daily Journal, but because I am not using that right now, (even though I keep adding bits and pieces to it), I haven't added it to this list.  

I also write a Daily Journal, but it's a horrible thing from Collins, I did like the layout when I got it, but I hate every minute of using it (which is everyday) but because it's ringbound I can't transfer any of it. It's smaller than A4 but bigger than A5....cumbersome! Never mind, only a few months to go and I can use something nicer!

Thanks again for following, please leave me comments, I love comments! xxx




Edited:
Part 1
Part 2





5 comments:

  1. The Julia Cameron book is a good one, but I preferred Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg - it's definitely worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will check those out too, thanks for the heads up Ray.

      Delete
  2. I looked at The Artist's Way on Amazon a few weeks ago, i'd love to know how you find it!!

    I've tried Morning Pages, I found them great and my day was much more productive having journaled and got everything from my mind written down, i'm hoping to make it a more regular thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail, thanks for sharing. Some interesting ideas here for me to ponder on.

    I was struck by Morning Pages - it sounds an interesting concept. By the same principle, I've always written "Evening Pages" to clear my head before I go to sleep!

    Blog and let us know how you get on with the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can anyone recommend an A4 that DOES NOT ZIP around? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete